Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Pro-Life" Ad And Values

I've noticed "my" [Google's] ad server often puts up a "Pro-life" ad.

I am 'pro-life'* in my values and I am for a woman's right of choice.

As a Christian (free range variety**) I believe we should study the Bible (old and new Testaments) and learn from it***, including learning about the limitations on our knowledge of Godly matters.

And I believe we are firmly instructed that we do not and cannot know when a "human life" begins:

Ecclesiastes 11

5 As you do not know the path of the wind,
or how the body is formed [a] in a mother's womb,
so you cannot understand the work of God,
the Maker of all things.

Footnote a. Ecclesiastes 11:5 Or know how life (or the spirit) / enters the body being formed

I believe that declarations as to when a human life begins during gestation is, or at least edges up on, blasphemy.

========================
* "Pro-life" as opposed to "pro-birth (after that? I've got other fish to fry....)" [Note: not all 'pro-lifers' are simply pro-birthers, but I perceive that many are]

** As a free range Christian, I not only believe that my God can't beat up your God, I suspect our Godsare at least frends, if not the same ....

***2 Timothy 3:15-17 (New International Version) 16All Scripture is God-breathed [also translated as "inspired by God" but not as "written by God"] and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
=========================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment